Friday, March 2, 2012

Antonio Machado

Last night I had my first Thinking in Andalusian: Essays, Folklore, Politics and Poetry, the Case of the Family of Antonio Machado of Sevilla. That's a mouthful. I'm taking this class because I have to for my major, and it was the class on my schedule that I was least excited for. I know nothing of Antonio Machado, and I don't have very much interest in Spanish poetry. However, it's looking like this class is going to be awesome. The professor is charismatic, emphatic and interesting. He kept us constantly involved and on our toes and promises to give a panoramic view of the Machado family and their influence/ how they were influenced by Sevilla. A major point that he emphasized throughout our entire first class is that for a good part of the class we will "leer con los pies" (read with our feet), meaning we'll be going on a bunch of walking tours throughout Sevilla and getting to know the city even better. The class is obviously very focused on the works of the Machado's, which I'm hoping will interest me, but we get to learn about them via getting to know Sevilla. I think it's going to be pretty cool.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous: "To read with our feet." Love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to write again. Thanks so much for introducing me to Machado's poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds very exciting...field trips!

    ReplyDelete