Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Miercoles

Just thought I should update today, it's a typical Miercoles, pretty relaxed. Last night we did a walking tour in my Antonio Machado class. First Rafa, mi profesor, took us to El Ataneo de Sevilla, a society of intellectuals to which the Machados once belonged. We only saw from the outside, but it's a place where hoy en dia, they hold art expositions and charlas (discussions). Rafa told us that he's part of El Ataneo de Madrid. Then he said he had a surprise for us, so we walked to Plaza de Encarnacion and he took us up to the top of the Metrosol - Parasol, the big mushroomy thing in the middle of Sevilla. The views from the top are incredible, and since we just change the clocks, the sun was still setting around 9. It was gorgeous. 

Today I'm going to hang out with my intercambio a little later, I hope he brings his dog! I miss my Mitzvah. Then I have Sevillana class. I'm going to be a part of a desfile for trajes de flamenco. It's basically that we're modeling flamenco dresses, it's pretty embarrassing but it's fun to get all dressed up. Yesterday we had our first practice, pictures of that to come too. After class I'm going to meet up with another amigo of Kaci's, his name is Santi. Last night I texted him to make plans for tonight and he said "Porque no estas de fiesta?" (why aren't you out?)...Spaniards are always partying. Liz and I will meet him tonight for a cerveza. =) Demasiado intercambios? Hombre, por favor, jamas! 


Goofballs in Granada

The little one in the middle is my Sevillana teacher, she's adorable. Hay mi ninas! 


My dress is morada (purple) with complementos amarillos (yellow accessories) 


Views from the top of SETAS


 

No comments:

Post a Comment