Thursday, March 29, 2012

Takin' Off

Tomorrow morning I have my flight at 8AM to Paris, then to Brussels by train, possibly a day trip to Amsterdam from there, then to Dublin (where we'll be spending a day in Galway) and then back to Sevilla. I was originally going to fly out today, but there's a nationwide 24 hour strike protesting a recently passed law limiting the rights of workers. I was afraid my flight wouldn't take off....if there weren't any workers...so I changed it to tomorrow morning. Now it's just how to figure out packing for 10 days in a suitcase that weighs less than 10 kilos...hmm. Anyway, I won't have reliable internet access for the next 10 days, so there probably won't be any blog posts.

Today in my Women Writers class we talked about the influence of the Franco era in literature in Spain, which was a very interesting conversation, but all I could really think about was "Francisco Franco todavia esta muerte" (Francisco Franco is still dead). Not fair.

2 comments:

  1. Just told Uncle Lars your itinerary for the week - Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam and Dublin - oh my! He said to tell you its awesome, and that he's very jealous. Me too. Safe and wonderful travels, Sara Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francisco Franco is still dead...very funny. Hope you are enjoying all the waffles, chocolate and beer you mentioned in your email, as well as seeing lots of interesting sights as well. Looking forward to your return to Sevilla blog post!

    ReplyDelete