Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Smells and Tastes of Sevilla

Experiencing Sevilla with my other senses...we obviously know that half of exploring a new country is the food, but the smells are the closest sense connected to memory. Luckily I'm here in la primavera (the spring) and now I will always connect the smell of orange blossoms to my time here in Sevilla. Their scent is so strong, just standing under the trees it's very noticeable. Unfortunately it always seems that when I want to take a nice deep breath of orange blossom, a smokey happens to be walking by as well. Eso si que es, no pasa nada ( it is what it is, no worries).

Food wise, last night senora treated us to some home made torrijas, a dulce that is only made around the time of semana santa. It's kind of like cold, honey-soaked french toast. I liked the homemade version way better than the bakery version. Right now I'm smelling lunch, and I'm super hungry, hopefully we eat soon!

1 comment: