Thursday, March 1, 2012

Communication

It's a pretty cool thought that I can communicate in another language. I'm constantly making mistakes, but I can explain my way around them in a way that gets my point across. The fact that I can communicate is a form of fluency, which is pretty cool.

My classes for the continuation period, so...my real classes, started this week. I think I'll be interested in my Jews and Muslims class, but the professor isn't riveting, and 2 hours in a hot classroom makes me very sleepy. The quantity of information he throws at us is a little overwhelming, but hopefully I'll be able to keep up on the work. I just had my first Women Writers of Spain class today, which wouldn't be my first choice to take, but I think I'm going to like it. The professor is very good and encourages our participation and I think she'll make the class interesting. Tonight I have Thinking in Andalusian: Studies of Antonio Machado from 7:30 to 9:30. It's a pretty crappy time slot, but I have to take the class for my major. Hopefully it'll be more interesting than it sounds.

I'm told that the biggest botellon of the year is going on today around the University of Sevilla! I don't think I'll be able to make it because I have to tutor today and I have classes. O well, hopefully that translates into a fun night out tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment