Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hola!

Mom says I'm falling down on my blogging, so I guess it's time for an update! Let's see what's been going on. Monday I started my first classes of the continuation period at CC-CS. I have a class called Mosaic: Jews and Muslims in Spanish History, it seems like it's going to be very interesting, but my brain is simply not in heavy thinking mode, so I'm going to have to work on that. I also had dance class at night as usual and I told my professor that I danced the Sevillana over the weekend, she was very proud of me. Today, Tuesday, was the Dia de Andalucia, a regional holiday, so I didn't have class. Last night we went to the Juan Magan concert, a DJ who I didn't know much about, but it seemed that he was kind of just playing mixes of American Top 40, not too remarkable but fun. There was a CRAZY botellon going on outside the concert with cars blasting music and broken glass everywhere. We were in a huge group of people so it was fine, but it definitely didn't feel like the safest part of town.

Today was also a casual day, I went for a run this morning. I feel a bit awkward running because it's not very common here, but...no pasa nada. Then I met up with some friends and we went to coffee and then to Plaza Alameda de Hercules, which is a pretty cool plaza a little farther north in El Centro. It has a few fountains that people are allowed to go in, making a mental note of that for when it gets super hot here. It was also surrounded by a ton of cafe's that looked great, I'll definitely have to come back and try some.Then I went to the residencia where my friends live and hung out on the roof as the sun went down, very nice and relaxed. I sevici'd back to meet up with Chelsea, Hilary's best friend from home who is also studying in Sevilla. We got drinks and shared Carne Mechada (?) (which is basically sliced pork in a creamy pepper sauce over fries) and chatted at El Faro de Triana, a restaurant right by the bridge. Now I'm hanging out for a bit and then I'll be going out for hopefully a chill night on Calle Betis!

2 comments:

  1. Mother knows best! Sounds great and I hope you had a "chill" night on the town.

    ReplyDelete