Sunday, February 26, 2012

Language Fatigue + Dancing Sevillana

My brain hurts! Last night we went to a fiesta at Alberto's house. I had a great time, but speaking and trying to understand Spanish for such a long time (we were there til 5AM) makes my head hurt! My speaking has definitely gotten better, but depending on who I'm talking to, listening can be very difficult. A lot of that is due to the Andalucian accent, but since everyone here has one, I really need to get used to it.

I got to practice my folk dancing skills last night! The Espanoles that we met decided they wanted to dance the Sevillana (regional folk dance kind of like flamenco) and had a whole lesson for all of us Americanas. I could keep up only a little from my previous lessons in my dance class, but it was really fun to try! I'm not sure if any pictures were taken...hopefully none of me being tan torpe (so clumsy/awkward)

1 comment:

  1. Brain pain...no pain no gain?

    Sounds like a very fun party!

    ReplyDelete