Friday, February 17, 2012

Que? Puedes Repetir?

My favorite phrases, simply because of how often I have to use them. WHOA. A Spanish friend invited me over for a more relaxed night than the discotecas so that we can be alive for Carnaval tomorrow. I was the only person who spoke English there. Oh boy, I don't realize how clearly and slowly my professors talk until I end up with a bunch of Spanish people my age and can understand about 50% of what's going on. It was discouraging, but at the same time they were all incredibly friendly and promised that I would catch up quickly enough. I hope so. They were also talking about hanging out again, which is bizarre because I didn't say much all night, mostly because I didn't know much of what was going on. Sevillanos are so friendly.

1 comment:

  1. That is complete immersion for sure! And you will catch on quickly...

    ReplyDelete