Wednesday, February 22, 2012

SETAS

Las Setas are these pretty crazy mushroom shaped structures in Plaza Mayor in the Middle of El Centro. I hadn't actually seen them up close yet, but I got the chance to yesterday! Foster, a fellow Alpha Gam backpacking across Europe after her Birthright trip, ended up in Sevilla for a night and Liz and I took her to a few of the sights! Foster's hostel was right by Las Setas, so we took a stroll around the plaza. They are the only very new, very modern looking structures in Sevilla, and I've heard that some of the people here don't like them very much. 




Then we wandered a bit through Barrio de Santa Cruz, the historically Jewish area. There's not much to take pictures of because it's a few very small wing streets and tunnels. We came out somewhere in the vicinity of Plaza de Espana (of which I already have pictures) and walked through a large part of it. Then we came back to Triana for some huevos a la flamenco (eggs baked in a dish with red sauce, chorizo, peas and asparagus) and other various tapas. Later we ended up at T de Triana, a bar that has free flamenco on Tuesday and Thursday nights, so we got to watch a show. I still think the singing is bizarre, but I was more interested in this show than the one we saw at La Carbonaria. We had a serious hot chocolate craving so we found a cafe, (Cafe de La Prensa) that had hot chocolate with all different flavors. I got a hazelnut flavored one, it surprising wasn't very sweet, but it was served with sugar.

We definitely hit some of the highlights! And I'm guessing, that including my run and my walk to school I probably walked about 7 miles yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Those are pretty wild looking...and do they have a purpose?

    7 miles! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos and your comments.
    Great experiences.

    ReplyDelete